Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home Care) Trainer
What courses do you teach?
CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home Care)
What have you studied/qualifications
- Cert III Aged Care CHC30212
- Cert III HACC CHC30312
- Cert IV Disability CHC40312
- Cert IV Aged Care CHC40102
- Cert IV TAE TAE40110 (Inc. TAELLN411 – Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills)
- TAEASS502 – Design and develop assessment tools
What do you love most about your job?
Very cliché. Definitely the people. I am very lucky to be in a career where you meet such interesting people. I have had the pleasure of teaching over 6,000 students in Aged Care and Home Support alone in the past 25 years, and being part of the students’ journey to help them excel in their careers and see them carry on what they have learned to be the best carers in the industry.
I have worked for many organisations in the training industry, but Pines Learning is one of the rare RTO’s that puts the students and employers first. Being a trainer is a great job, but working with a ‘not-for-profit’ organisation, which shares the same vision as its trainers and genuinely cares, makes a great job into an amazing career.
What experience and other skills have you gained?
- Food services assistant – Prince Henry’s Hospital
- Hospital Orderly – Austin Hospital
- Personal Security/Crowd Controller – ESP
- Orderly Supervisor – Austin Hospital
- Food & Environmental Services Assistant Manager – Austin Hospital
- Training and QA Manager – North Eastern Health Network
- Workplace Counsellor – Salvation Army Eplus
- Auditor (aged care / hospitals) – PWC / ACHS
- Senior Trainer (Aged Care, Disability, Patient Services) – Lavin Institute
- Senior Trainer (Aged Care, Disability, HACC) – Training Unlimited
- Consultant to various ACF’s and HACC service providers
- Country Fire Authority Volunteer – Lilydale UFB (9 years)
- Community Consultant (Bushfire awareness) – Country Fire Authority
- First Aid Trainer – South Eastern Training Ground CFA
- First Aid Trainer – LHK Paramedics
- Aged Care Trainer – Box Hill TAFE
- Aged Care / HACC Trainer – North Ringwood CH
- Individual Support Trainer – Pines Learning
What do you love doing outside of work?
- Watching Motorsports
- Watching Football – All codes (Carlton –AFL, Storm- NRL, Victory & Reading – Soccer, Oakland – NFL)
- Just getting away
- Spending time with family
What were you going to be ‘when you grew up’?
Still haven’t grown up – (but wanted to be police officer in my younger days).