As reported in Wikipedia:
- Babylonians made promises to their gods at the start of each year that they would return borrowed objects and pay their debts.
- The Romans began each year by making promises to the god Janus, for whom the month of January is named.
- In the Medieval era, the knights took the “peacock vow” at the end of the Christmas season each year to re-affirm their commitment to chivalry.
- At watchnight services, many Christians prepare for the year ahead by praying and making these resolutions.
- The concept, regardless of creed, is to reflect upon self-improvement.
If your New Year’s Resolution is to learn a new skill, get a new job, or improve your health and fitness then click HERE to see what Pines Learning has on offer to help you get started.
Happy New Year to all!