Position Vacant - VCAL Educator (Numeracy)
Position Vacant – VCAL Educator (Numeracy)
October 28 @ 8:00 am - December 9 @ 5:00 pm
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced VCAL Educator to join a progressive and innovative RTO and non-school provider of VCAL. Pines Learning’s VCAL program provides students with the opportunity to achieve their Intermediate and/or Senior VCAL in a supported and flexible learning environment. Educators follow best practice principles to develop and deliver inclusive, hands-on and engaging curriculum to support disengaged and disadvantaged young people in the Manningham and Maroondah areas.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Curriculum development and delivery (including assessment requirements) of programs that meet VCAA compliance guidelines
- Providing high-quality educational services that effectively engage young people and support the delivery of curriculum outcomes
- Establishing and effectively managing curriculum structures, processes and protocols associated with the daily operation of the Community VCAL program
- Maintaining a productive, collaborative team environment and positive representation and promotion of Pines Learning
- Maintaining a safe and positive learning environment for students
Key Selection Criteria:
- Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent, or higher qualification in Adult Education
- Teaching qualifications and VIT registration (desirable)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in delivering VCAL Numeracy , including a demonstrated understanding of the barriers faced by young people with learning and access needs
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work closely and demonstrate empathy with students and parent/guardians while demonstrating tolerance and professionalism in all interactions
- An understanding of issues affecting a young person’s health and well-being
- Monitor, evaluate and report on student progress in key learning areas and implement strategies to support students to achieve their learning outcomes
- Encourage student participation throughout the course
- Keep accurate attendance, progress and assessment records for all students throughout the year
- Develop and implement strategies to assist students with barriers to attendance
- Ensure all delivery methods are engaging for a diverse range of learning styles
- Effectively facilitate and manage an inclusive classroom environment
- Demonstrate professional standards of presentation, reliability and punctuality
Applicants must hold a current National Police Check and current Employee Working with Children Check (or VIT registration) upon commencement.
The position available is for one day a week for Semesters 1 and 2 to deliver the Numeracy units. VCAL operates on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. The position is classified under NHACE Collective Agreement 2016 as Casual Tutor Level 3.1.
To obtain a position description please Click Here.
Applications close on Monday 9th December 2019 and must address the key selection criteria in the position description. Application can be submitted via SEEK or forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further enquiries, please contact Gail Pratley, VCAL Coordinator on 9842 6726.