Are you planning to move into a home of your own? Or maybe, you already live independently and need to learn some more skills. Then this course is for you – and your family – and it’s free!
Over 25 weeks, this special course will help build the practical skills you need. We will cover subjects such as:
- Personal safety such as answering the door and coming home at night
- How to plan meals and prepare food safely
- Washing and drying your clothes and bedding
- Internet safety and buying a phone and a plan
- Dealing with intimate relationships and ‘consent’
- Socialising and friendships
- First aid
- Banking and budgeting
There will also be some parallel sessions for families on topics such as ‘letting go’, NDIS Independent Living Options and Centrelink assistance etc.
This course is suitable for people with medium to high functioning intellectual disability and learning difficulties. We provide a supportive and friendly environment with caring trainers.
Contact Pines Learning on 9842 6726 to register your interest.