Pines Learning is a not-for-profit community based organisation located at the Pines Learning and Activity Centre, 1/520 Blackburn Road, Doncaster East. We offer a variety of accredited, non-accredited courses and activities to the community in a friendly environment in a modern facility with professional caring staff.
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number 3774) complying with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and the Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations.
We also provide a state registered childcare centre for our students and the community.
Pines Learning is proud to be a member of the Learn Local network.
The Centre receives Government funding from local council, state and federal governments.
Pines Learning, formerly known as Donvale Living and Learning Centre, has been in operation since 1977 providing Adult Community Education and support to the local community.
The Centre has grown from providing Adult VCE to a small group of women to a busy Centre with more than 900 participants using the Centre each week.
In 2008 the Centre relocated from Springvale Road, Donvale to its purpose built, modern facility, located next door to the Pines Shopping Centre in East Doncaster. At that time it was renamed Pines Learning Inc.
Vision & Mission
Our vision is for a strengthened, empowered and enriched community.
Our mission is to provide quality, diverse, lifelong learning opportunities in an encouraging environment.
Our Core Values
- To respect the dignity and rights of individuals.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
- Encourage people to fulfil their potential.
- Respond to community needs.
- Embrace innovation and change.
- Promote excellence.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Celebrate diversity.
- Encourage partnerships, teams and co-operation.
- Provide a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Value and develop staff, trainers and volunteers.
Pines Learning aims to work with and be accessible to people in the local community, regardless of background, age or gender.
Pines Learning will endeavour to address disadvantage, relieve poverty and improve life outcomes through education primarily.
There are some people that the Centre aims to focus on above all others. These include the following:
- Adults predominantly but not exclusively.
- People seeking skills development to enhance their career choices.
- People who are socially, educationally or economically disadvantaged.
- People in need of greater community participation or engagement.
- People who are culturally or linguistically diverse.
- People seeking personal growth.